Thursday, February 16, 2012

STEWART: SNOW WHITE'S PUFFY SLEEVES ARE BUTCH

Universal

Chest thumping & butch sleeves?  This definitely isn't Disney's Snow White.  No, she will not be singing and skipping through the forest with puffy sleeves in tow. This Snow White, will not be "soft".  In an interview with Teen.com, Kristen Stewart provides insight that her Snow White will be as tough as they come. 

Check out what she has to say about it below:

Teen.com: First things first — what do you love most about playing Snow White?

Kristen Stewart: It’s strange playing a character that you actually could never truly embody. I can’t have Snow White’s affect on people. I can’t actually be completely selfless because nobody is. You can only really play a character like that in a fairytale and play it with an awful load of integrity and not have it just be like a fake character in a movie with other people that do seem real. She’s a very fully formed but very farfetched from the reality that we live in type of person. She also is strong in a very different way than you’d expect like bullying a person in an action-type adventure movie.

Teen.com: Is Snow White anything like Bella Swan? Sorry, just had to ask this one…

Kristen: No, totally! Bella and Snow White are slightly… they both come to find that they’re leaders. That’s definitely a similarity. They’re different. They’re very, very, very different people. Both of them are sort of a little more intuitive and spiritually, for whatever reason, connected, and their gut is always sort of dead right.


Teen.com: Is Snow White prissier than Bella?

Kristen:
She is prissy sometimes. But she’s strong. She can kick ass. That’s the other thing. It takes her the whole movie basically to become who I’m talking about now. It’s a total identity movie. It’s all about not finding yourself, but actually just being okay with who you know you always have been and not being ashamed of being the only one who sees the light.


Teen.com. Let’s talk about the costumes. How freakin’ cool was it to wear that armor?

Kristen:
That’s the first thing you wanna do is, “ahhh!” Editor’s note: She hit her chest here and screamed like Tarzan. It was great.) And [the dress underneath] is so wearable. I also have puffy sleeves. Somehow she manages to make puffy sleeves look butch.

Teen.com: In Snow White and in New Moon, you’re brought out to the woods to get bad news. Is it worse to find out you’re going to die or to get dumped?

Kristen: I think it’s totally impossible to compare the two. Because leading out to and being broken up with thing, especially in that context, was one of the hardest things I’ve ever had to play and I’m not even…I built that moment up in my head. Not that I’m talking about Twilight now. But um…you can’t compare them. And I know that doesn’t make sense, but I kind of can’t compare.

Teen.com: We’re so jealous you got to work with Chris. What’s he like?


Kristen: Before I met him, I was like, “Gosh, so charming.” You know what I mean? Like, he’s so ridiculously, seemingly nice. Movie-star caliber nice. But he really actually just is. Really kind of just like quasi-boy. He’s really relaxed whereas I’m always like “Oh my God!” I use my anxiety to do this. He’s a good energy for me. I really like working with him.

Teen.com: Did you have a favorite fairy-tale as a kid?

Kristen
: I knew you were gonna say that!


Teen.com: We’re asking everyone! Sorry!

Kristen: I honestly don’t…somebody asked this the other day. I wasn’t here till the end of fairytales. But I really liked the Jungle Book. I was obsessed.



Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...