Tuesday, September 6, 2011

STEWART IN PREMIERE MAGAZINE - FRANCE: INTERVIEW PREVIEW
 


(Summit)

UPDATED:

Via Robert Pattinson Life, a clearer translation of Kristen Stewart's interview was made.  See below.  To read Robert Pattinson's portion, visit RPLife here.

Kristen Interview:

P: The first Twilight movie was a teenaged love story, the second a love triangle and the third, looked almost like a war movie. How would you describe Breaking Dawn?

K: It’s more a family drama. Contrary to the previous films, everybody is united in this one. The beginning of the movie sets up a ton that literally departs from the other movies, which in my opinion was what the saga truly needed. It’s fun, it’s light, we finally see the characters happy. Of course, it doesn’t last long…

P: I admit I have a soft spot for the first movie. I felt like the next two were just there to stretch the story in vain.

I understand and I agree, the first one had something. It was original and stands out by itself. I felt like the book was well represented, that Stephenie’s hand was visible. It’s the peak of the story we tried to build for 3 movies. It’s the grand finale with all the excitement that goes with it.

P: I read that Stephenie Meyer wrote the grand lines of the fourth book right after the first one, which could explain this ‘padding’ side of the second and third book.

I didn’t know about that. But it’s true that it wouldn’t be absurd in the sense that we could go directly from book one to the wedding in the fourth. At the same time, I remember Stephenie was writing the fourth book while we were filming Twilight. When I think back to that period of time, it seems so crazy to me. Nobody knew anybody, we were all different. I can see us again, actors, directors, screenwriters, going up to each other and said sort of shyly ‘Hello everyone.’ Now that we’re all so close, it feels weird.

P: You were 17 when you filmed the first movie. How did those 4 years of filming the saga changed you?

When you spend time on a project that asks for so much work, you have to feel invested; ready to defend it with your body and soul. That’s how I feel for all my movies. Twilight helped me share this passion with a bigger audience. Like everyone who reaches this level of fame, the saga is criticized a lot, but I realized that it only made me want to defend it even more. This experience helped me open up. When I was younger I felt things more strongly but I wasn’t always able to put it into words. I made tons of progress. In this field, every new project shapes you, helps you fight against your inhibitions little by little. I was a teenager when I started and I think you get better as you learn to know yourself, to make your body your own. It’s after you gain this control over yourself that you’re able to lose it when a scene demands it. Like every movie, Twilight made me grow up, maybe a bit faster than the other ones.

P: Between two movies, you filmed The Runaways and in Welcome to the Rileys. Strong and independent characters…

It wasn’t a conscious choice. Seeing as I’m a natural introvert, I guess I have to compensate by playing those kind of roles. But I’m really not against the idea of playing more weak and vulnerable characters. It would be fascinating.

P: Did some days seem long on the filming of Breaking Dawn?

It was repetitive sometimes to such an extent I felt like I was filming again scenes from the previous movies. It doesn’t mean they’re not crucial to the story but some days I felt like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day. Especially when we had to stay quite some times in a house in Louisiana, Baton Rouge. We filmed all the inside scenes before going outdoors. It was intimate scenes with lots of feelings, dialogues; we filmed them all one by one endlessly. I thought it would never end, especially when you, like me, are used to independent movies that are made in 5 minutes.

Then we left for Canada, where it was freezing. Instead of being happy to finally be outside, we were dying to go back inside to get warm. The timing couldn’t have been worse. Even when we filmed the honeymoon scene in Brazil it was raining season.

P: What were the key moments of filming for you?

The ones the fans are waiting for the most: the wedding, the first love scene, the birth scene. To finally put them on tape was cathartic.


                                                ********************

Premiere Magazine's French version will be coming out this Wednesday and it's already causing a buzz on the Internet with the new 'The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 1" movie still featuring Kristen Stewart [Bella] and Robert Pattinson [Edward].


Thanks to KristenStewartFrance.com who transcribed a preview of Stewart's interview in French which we translated to English via Google Translate.  We cannot confirm any translations to be absolutely true and correct but enjoy:




• FIRST: The first Twilight was a teenage love story, the second a love triangle and the third almost a war movie. How would you describe Revelation?


KRISTEN STEWART: It's more a family drama. Unlike previous episodes, everyone is united in it. The beginning of the film displays a tone that contrasts sharply with the others, whose saga was badly needed in my opinion. It's funny, light, finally we see the characters happy. Of course, it will not last ...



I admit to being partial to the first film of the saga. I feel that the next two to stretch unnecessarily is contained the history ...


I understand what you say about the 2 and 3, and I agree: the first was a trick. It was original and there by itself. Revelation, it is very satisfying. I feel really found there the book that Stephenie Meyer's leg is there. It is also the culmination of all that has been built for three films. It is the apotheosis, with all the excitement that implies.


I read that Stephenie Meyer had laid the foundations of this fourth book after writing the first, which would explain the slightly "fill" the second and third ...


I was not aware of that, but yes it would be absurd in the sense that one could go directly to the end of the engagement in the Fascination 4. At the same time, I remember that Stephenie was writing the fourth volume while we turned the first movie. When I think back to that time, it seems to me crazy: no one knew we were all different. I can still see us, actors, director, writer, come out and say (she is embarrassed): "Hello world ..." Now we became so close, it's just funny.

Some days you had to look a little long on the set of the two parts of Revelation ...

It was sometimes repetitive, yes, so much so that I sometimes feel like running again some scenes from previous episodes. That does not mean they were not essential to the story, but there were days when I felt like Bill Murray in Groundhog Day. Especially when we stayed a while in the house in Louisiana, in Baton Rouge. We shot all the sequences affiliated within the film before going outside. It was intimate scenes where there was a lot of emotion, dialogue, and they were chained endlessly ... I thought it would never stop - especially when used instead, like me, independent films that are made in five minutes. After, we went to Canada, where he was obviously a cold hell. Instead of being happy to finally end up in the air book, we had only one desire: to get warm. The schedule could not have been worse. Even when we shot the honeymoon in Brazil, it was the rainy season!

What were for you the key moments of the shooting?

These are the most highly anticipated by fans of the book: the marriage, the first love scene, childbirth ... Finally be able to play has been extremely cathartic.



KSF: "The interview with Kristen Stewart continues on Premiere.fr" We will have to wait until Wednesday and the release "official" magazine, for the rest of the interview!


No comments:

Post a Comment

You May Also Like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...